MetroPCS is a wireless prepaid service provider in America that is now owned by T-Mobile. MetroPCS (now known as Metro by T-Mobile) provides high-speed internet services on GSM networks. To use MetroPCS’s high-speed data connection, you need to configure MetroPCS APN settings first.
What Are APN Settings?
Access Point Name or APN is a key that your phone uses to connect to your mobile network and determine your phone’s internet connection. If the APN settings on your phone aren’t configured correctly, you might not be able to take advantage of high-speed data connections, and multimedia messaging (MMS) provided by your carrier.
How To Configure MetroPCS APN Settings for Android?
How To Find APN Settings On Your Phone?
To find APN settings on your Android device follow the given steps:
- Go to the Settings App
- Click Wireless Networks/Network and Internet
- Choose your mobile network/ SIM card
- Finally, select the Access Point Names (APN)
- Now reset the APN settings to default by clicking on the 3-dot menu on the top right corner.
Now, on the displayed MetroPCS APN Settings menu, enter the info we’ve provided below.
NOTE: Enter all the details provided as is.
- Do not add any space between words
- Make sure to follow uppercase and lowercase formats as provided
- Add a comma where given, and do not add spaces after commas
MetroPCS APN Setting For Android:
APN Name: MetroPCS
APN Type: default,mms,supl
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol:
After you’ve filled all the fields correctly, save the new MetroPCS APN settings. Now as a final step, restart your phone to enable the MetroPCS APN settings..
Run your browser to check if the data is working. If you still cannot connect to the MetroPCS internet, try out our alternative APN settings.
Also, note that the APN settings can take up to half an hour to become active. So, make sure you’ve waited the required time before you input the new APN settings.
Alternative MetroPCS APN Settings:
NOTE: Before changing APN settings, delete the settings you had entered before.
APN Name: MetroPCS
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: IPv6
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
MVNO Type: GID
T Mobile APN Settings
Since MetroPCS uses T mobile’s towers, you can also try and configure MetroPCS APN settings to T mobile APN settings.
The APN settings for the T mobile network are as follows:
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol:
How To Configure MetroPCS APN Settings For iPhone?
To start configuring APN settings on iPhone you first need to find the Access Point Name.
How To Find APN Settings On iPhone?
- First, go to Settings
- Next open Cellular
- Then access Cellular Data
- Then choose the Cellular Data Options
- Once you’re here, enter the APN settings as given below.
MetroPCS APN Settings For iPhone
For LTE-setup Section:
APN: Leave Blank
Username: Leave Blank
Password: Leave Blank
For MMS settings enter MetroPCS MMS Settings:
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
Once you’ve entered details in all the fields, press the home button on your iPhone to save the settings. Now restart your phone to activate the MetroPCS APN settings.
Why Are My MetroPCS APN Settings Not Working?
There could be many reasons why your MetroPCS APN settings are not working. We’ve listed some of the reasons below, check out if any of these fit your situation:
- Your SIM card is damaged. If you’re unable to receive calls, text and data, this might be the reason. In this case, purchase a new SIM from the provider.
- If the network signals are active and you can receive calls and text but not data, then you might not have found the right MetroPCS APN yet.
- If your phone doesn’t show the Metro signals, it could also mean that your device is not compatible with MetroPCS Network.
- Remember to double-check if you’ve filled all the fields correctly, there should be no comma or capitalization errors or your APN setting won’t work.
Does MetroPCS work the GSM or CDMA network?
MetroPCS (a subsidiary of T-Mobile) provides services on the GSM network only.