In 2017 alone, about 15.8% of the Oklahoma population had an income below the federal poverty level. This poverty level continues to rise gradually and hence creates a need for people not to buy cell phone plans as the basic needs may be overwhelming for them. Luckily, you can get a free government phone in Tulsa OK, from several lifeline service providers within the area.
Lifeline services offer great help to millions of Americans who can’t phone plans from the standard service providers and MVNOs. With the lifeline service, you can get a free touch screen government phone and a free plan for one whole year. Getting such services from Assist wireless is the best option with their many perks like easy application process, excellent customer services, and so much more.
This article will give you a detailed process on how you can get the freephone in Tulsa. We will demystify on what their plans entail, the pros and cons of joining them and so much more info, Read more below.
Who qualifies for a free government phone in Tulsa?
Getting a free government phone in Tulsa is based on two factors:
If your income is below 135% of the Federal poverty income level, you can qualify for the free government phone. In Tulsa City, getting the free government phone for low income based on household. For individual households, the minimal income could be at $12, 490 while that of a family of four should be around $25, 750, according to okpolicy.
ii) Participation in the federal Assistance program
If you participate in the Federal benefits programs, you may stand a chance to qualify for the free phone and plan. The following are some of the programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s benefit
- Food distribution program on Indian Reservations
- Tribally administered temporary Assistance for the need
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance.
Make sure to have a document of proof during the application process. Without the requested documents, there are minimal chances of getting the free government phone.
Which free phone plan does Assist wireless offer in Tulsa OK?
The Assist wireless Tulsa plans are categorized into two:
a) Tribal Oklahoma plans
The tribal plans include:
- $0 Plan – For $0/month, you get unlimited talk, text and 4 GB data
- $1 plan- This plan offers unlimited talk, text and 4.5 GB data per month
- $5 plan- With this plan, you get unlimited talk, text and 5 GB data
You can also buy more data units as you will see below:
- $4- 100 MB
- $12- 500 MB
- $15- 1 GB data
b) Non-tribal plans
The non-trivial plans include:
- $0 plan- With this plan, you get 400 minutes, 500 text and 3 GB data units
- 1 plan- This plan offers 400 talk, unlimited text, and 3 GB data
- $5 plan- This plan offers Unlimited text, 600 talk and 3 GB of data
- $10 plan- With this plan, you get 110 talk, unlimited text, and 3 GB of data.
If you run out of talk, text, and data units, you can easily refill them with the pricing below:
c) Talk time refills
- $4- 100 minutes
- $8- 400 minutes
- $15- 1000 minutes
d) Text refills
- $5- 1000 texts
- $8-2000 texts
- $12- 4000 texts
e) Combo Refills
$25, and you get 1 GB data, 1000 texts, and 100 talk unit.
What phones do Assist wireless offer in Tulsa OK?
Yes! If you qualify, you can get one of their best free government phones available. Assist wireless offers a wide range of phones in their portfolio, which you can choose from.
They offer Android phones from well-known brands like Nokia, Samsung, ZTE, and so much more. You can also bring your device to their network if it is compatible. To check compatibility, simply visit an Assist wireless retail store near you to get started. These retail stores can also replace Assist wireless lost phones.
If you are looking for a free phone for the disabled, you can contact Assist wireless directly, and they will choose a device that can work well for you depending on your disability.
Can I port my old number to Assist wireless in Tulsa OK?
Yes! The FCC recently published well-outlined regulations on how you can port your old number to Assist wireless. The porting process is very simple, and it involves the following steps:
- Contact Assist wireless and notify them that you plan to port your number.
- Do not deactivate your plan with your previous service provider, as this may make you lose the number permanently.
- Assist wireless will contact your old service provider and request the account number and billing details.
- Once everything is set, and there are no red alerts, the porting process will begin and take a minimum of 2 hours or a maximum of 5 days.
To start the porting process, contact Assist wireless customer service, and they will guide you.
How to apply for a free government phone in Tulsa OK: a complete guide
To apply for Assist wireless free phones, follow the steps below:
1) Check eligibility
Checking eligibility can be done on their website or mobile app
2) Fill in the application form
If you have the right qualification documents for the selected requirement, proceed to fill the application form. The form can be downloaded and filled then submitted via mail, or you can fill it on their website
3) Application review
Your application will then be reviewed within five business days, and if everything is OK, you will receive the phone via mail.
Assist wireless is a great service provider if you are looking to get a free phone and plan. They have great deals in their platform, and you get perks like free credits during birthday’s anniversaries and so much more. They also have a mobile App hence creating efficiency when you want to check on your account balances.