If you have a laptop or a desktop, you can agree with me that high performance vital above all other factors you consider. With high-performance, you can run your activities with much ease and efficiency. Anyone looking up for optimum performance across a variety of peripheral devices needs to consider the best Thunderbolt 3 Docks in the market.
For status, Thunderbolt was developed to create new user experiences by simultaneously supporting the fastest data and most video bandwidth available on a single cable while also supplying power. Thanks to Thunderbolt 3 dock, it dramatically expands your computer functionality. One common problem while operating your computer is the lack of enough ports; hence, a thunderbolt dock is an ideal option provided your device is compatible with this interface. It helps you to connect multiple devices to cover all your workstation needs.
Probably you regularly work on your laptop, and you need to move over to your desktop with peripherals devices you need; a Thunderbolt 3 dock comes in handy and makes the transition smoother. Getting the ideal Thunderbolt 3 Dock is quite challenging, keeping in mind the rise of counterfeit products in the market and false advertisement. In this article, I’ll review the best Thunderbolt 3 docks in the market, and the various features each come with. Not only will I provide the pros and cons, but also I’ll shed light on the unique feature each has. There are various factors you need to consider to get the best model that suits your needs.
What are the factors you need to consider when buying a Thunderbolt 3 dock?
There are various factors you need to keep in mind before buying a Thunderbolt 3 dock to serve your needs. The following are the different factors you need to consider to get the best Thunderbolt 3 dock.
It depends on your need but considers getting one with many ports. Though some ports might be more obscure, you never know it might come in handy in the future.
Consider this as manufacturers produce a dock that lies either horizontally or vertically. It is crucial to find the space it will occupy on your desk space.
3. Charging capabilities
It will be an impressive feature if the dock can charge your laptop. Ensure to check the power delivery capabilities.
Top 7 Thunderbolt 3 docks in the market today
1. StarTech Thunderbolt 3 Dock
First up is the Thunderbolt 3 dock produced by StarTech. StarTech is a well-established company that provides quality products for its existing customers. The model is great for editing 4K videos as this portable dual DisplayPort docking station supports 40 Gbps throughput and 4K resolution at 60Hz on two display monitors.
It is simple to connect and configure as you connect the dock to your laptop with the Thunderbolt 3 cable and start working. The Gigabit Ethernet port ensures reliable wired network access. Lastly, it has a USB 3.0 Type-A port with ample space around it, letting you connect a thumb drive. Check out the link below for more information.
- Easy installation and deployment
- It has a compact, lightweight design
- It is compatible with TB3 equipped laptops
- It has a dual 4K 60Hz DisplayPort
- It comes with a three-year warranty
- It has a short cable lead
2. Wavlink Docking Station
Currently, Wavlink Thunderbolt 3 dock has a rating of 3.8 out of five stars and 75 customer ratings; thus, it is an ideal product you can get. It supports high resolutions of up to 5K @ 60Hz single display when using a dual DisplayPort. It is a perfect option for software and web developers.
The dock provides USB Type-C power delivery up to 60W to host and also the power to other peripherals simultaneously with a 100W power adapter. It comes with a 1GB ethernet port that provides access to super fast network speeds.
Lastly, it comes with four USB 3.0 and two USB Type C ports for fast data transfers and faster sync times. The current price tag at Amazon is $193.99. Feel free to check out the link below for more information.
- It supports dual 4K display
- It comes with superfast gigabit ethernet
- It comes with both mic and audio outputs
- It can charge your device courtesy of the USB Type-C power delivery
- It has four USB 3.0 and two USB Type-C port for fast data transfers
- It isn’t compatible with Linux, Mac OS, and Unix operating systems
3. Tobenone Thunderbolt 3 dock
The dock has various mind-blowing features that you suit your needs, and you won’t be disappointed after buying it. Currently, the product has a rating of 4.4 out of five stars and 47 customer ratings; hence, it is of high-quality. It comes with a Micro SD reader port with high-speed data transfer up to 300MB/S, which allows you to access your files at much ease.
It comes with five USB 3.0 Type-A ports of which you enjoy 5Gbps data transferring hence managing your peripherals devices with much ease. Also, it has an RJ45 Gigabit LAN female port, which provides a stable and faster network connection.
- It comes with a Micro SD card reader
- Super speed data transfer
- Enjoy secure and stable wire speed internet
- Enjoy a triple display for the Windows system
- It is compatible with various laptops in the market
- It doesn’t charge your device
4. CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock
CalDigit is a well-established company that produces high-quality products for its existing customers with premium features. Currently, the dock has a rating of 4.1 out of five stars and 417 customer ratings. The TS3 comes with 15 ports from memory card reader, audio output, USB ports to dual 4K display connectivity.
It has five USB 3.1 Type-A and two USB 3.1 Type-C ports for faster data transfer. Also, the rear Type-C port allows users to connect their ultra-fast SSD drives for incredible performance. The dock incorporates power delivery allowing the TS3 Plus to charge Thunderbolt 3 laptops.
The 85W power delivery is enough to charge your laptop; hence, you can keep away your laptop charger. Lastly, the dock allows the user to connect dual extended 4K 60Hz monitors or a single 5K 60Hz monitor. Feel free to check out the link below for more information.
- It has a powerful 85W laptop charging system
- It has 15 ports for connectivity
- It comes with a Digital Optical audio output
- It has a fast SD card reader
- It supports dual 4K extended displays
- It requires an ample power supply
5. CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock
If you are on a tight budget, then you should get the CalDigit Thunderbolt Mini Dock. Currently, the dock has a rating of 4.3 out of five stars and 62 customer ratings. It offers the easiest way to connect dual 4K 60Hz monitors to your Thunderbolt 3 laptop in either mirrored or extended modes.
No need for many cables as you requires just one cable to connect your computer to light-up two displays, which allows you to connect to the internet and add USB devices. A mini dock is an ideal option is you travel most of the time to avoid inconveniences such as plugging in many Type-C adapters. The Gigabit Ethernet port can connect to a stable connection at home or hotel for superb performance.
- The Gigabit Ethernet port connects to a stable connection
- It is a portable, compact dock
- It connects dual 4K 60Hz monitors
- The USB ports provide fast data transfer
- It is compatible with various laptops
- It doesn’t charge your laptop
6. Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 Dock
The dock comes with a 1.5-foot Thunderbolt 3 cable that supports 40 Gbps bandwidth to the dock. It has a full-featured docking solution with the green LED indicates the AC power detection and the blue LED, which means Thunderbolt 3 host detection.
It comes with an SD card reader for smooth file transfer, and also you can transfer files or charge your phone over USB. You can plug in a headset with a mic, thus enable you to video call your friends, much more comfortable.
You can charge your laptop, thanks to the power delivery of 60W. Lastly, it supports dual 4K@60Hz displays. Check out the link below for more information.
- You can charge your laptop courtesy of the power delivery
- You can charge your phone through the USB cable
- Enjoy stable and secure wired internet
- The Thunderbolt 3 cable supports 40 Gbps bandwidth to the dock
- You can connect various peripheral devices
- It isn’t compatible with the USB-C computer host
7. CalDigit USB-C Pro dock
Concluding our list today is the CalDigit USB-Pro dock. It has two built-in Display Port connectors for directly adding dual 4K 60HZ monitors to your laptops without the need for any USB-C video adapters. You can charge your laptop courtesy of the USB-C Pro dock as it will charge it up to 85W.
It has a front-facing USB-A port which offers Stand Alone charging functionality that allows the dock to charge USB devices. It has a fast UHS-II SD card reader, which will enable you to transfer the files efficiently.
When using the dual monitors, you can choose between extended or mirrored displays provided your laptops supports those option.
- It is compatible with various laptops
- You can charge your USB devices thanks to USB-A port
- You can charge your laptop
- It has a fast UHS-II SD card reader
- Enjoy a consistent internet connection with the Ethernet port
- It isn’t compatible with Linux Operating System
From the article above, you have the best Thunderbolt 3 docks that will meet your needs conveniently. Also, you have seen the various features each come with from the charging capabilities, the number of ports, read/write speeds, and compatibility. I highly recommend you get these fantastic products from Amazon. At Amazon, you get them at significant discounts and delivered safely at low shipping fees. I hope you can decide on which model you get.