It’s hard to believe that just a few years ago, mobile phones were nothing more than a luxury. Today, they are an essential part of our everyday lives. We use them to communicate with family and friends, stay connected to the internet, and access valuable information at any time.
Whether you’re on a train, in a park, or out for dinner, there’s no doubt that mobile phones have become an indispensable part of our lives.
Mobile phones are available at various price points, but still there are people who may not be able to afford one. To aid individuals from low-income groups, the U.S government introduced the Lifeline Assistance program
What Carriers Are Compatible With Qlink?
All of QLink’s services are carried out through its contract with T-Mobile as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). Once you exhaust your free minutes package, you may buy more any time.
Does Qlink Give You A Free Phone?
The U.S government’s Lifeline program offers millions of people from low-income groups free monthly wireless service with a Qlink compatible phone (through Qlink). Qlink does not provide phones, it is only a FREE phone service provider.
Who is Eligible For Qlink Lifeline Assistance?
If you are on government funded welfare programs like Medicaid, SNAP or qualify based on household income eligibility, then Qlink Wireless services will be available to you.
Does Walmart Sell Qlink Compatible Phones?
Walmart sells a number of Qlink compatible smartphones at various price-points. These phones are not GSM supported and thus do not require a sim to operate. Check the master list for comprehensive Qlink compatible phone information.
The 7 Best Qlink Wireless Compatible Phones at Walmart
If you plan on buying Qlink compatible wireless phones at Walmart, these 7 mobile phones are some of your options.
1) Apple iPhone 6S
The first on the list of Qlink compatible wireless phones is the Apple iPhone 6S . With a sleek design, the iPhone 6S has all the features you need in a smartphone.
- A glass front and aluminum back and frame so when you’re using it, it feels the right fit for your hand; neither too light nor too heavy. Just right.
- Comes in three colors – gold, rose gold, space gray, and silver.
- The iPhone 6S 12 MP dual-camera technology lets you capture photos like never before.
- Comes with a 1715 MAh Battery
2) Samsung S10
Samsung stepped up with it’s ‘business’ phones with the Samsung Galaxy flagship line. The S10 features:
- A glass front and back frame that makes it look premium and classy.
- 6.1″ screen with a 1440 x 3040 resolution display.
- Extra tough Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Boasts a triple main camera: 12 MP wide, 12 MP telephoto and 16 MP ultra-wide lens
- Comes with a 3400 MAh battery to last you those busy days where you’re constantly out and about (without a powerbank!)
3) Samsung Galaxy A51
- It has a Super AMOLED 6.5″ inch screen for easy viewing, with a 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution Corning Gorilla Glass
- 128 GB of internal memory (upto 512 GB)
- It’s main camera is 48 MP for ultra-HD photos and it has a 32 MP selfie camera for ultra-clear selfies
- It comes with a 4000 MAh non-removable battery to last you easily throughout the day.
4) Samsung Galaxy S9+
A variant of Samsung’s flagship phone, the Galaxy S9+ is a sophisticated business phone which has the following features:
- 5.8″ inch screen with 1440 x 2960 pixel resolution display, Super AMOLED HDR10.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for extra toughness.
- 12 MP main camera, dual selfie camera: 8 MP and 2MP.
- Comes with a 3000 MAh battery.
5) iPhone 7 Plus (Red)
The beloved iPhone features multiple times on this list, and for good reason: it has a massive and loyal fan and user base worldwide. The iPhone 7 Plus (Red) was introduced with a number of unique features:
- Glass front (Gorilla Glass), Aluminum front and frame for that ‘proper, full in the hands feel’.
- Featuring the very popular RED Edition color.
- Retina IPS LCD with a 1080 x 1920 resolution display .
- Dual 12 MP super crisp main lenses and a 7 MP selfie camera.
- A 2900 MAh battery which seems insufficient compared to its contemporaries.
6) Google Pixel 5
The first Google phone on the Qlink phone list, the Google Pixel 5 is one of the more popular wireless phones by Google. It has a number of very attractive features. You can get this Qlink compatible phone at Walmart for free cell phone service.
- A 6″ screen made of durable Corning Gorilla Glass with a 1080 x 2340 resolution display.
- Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), Aluminum back and frame.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor.
- 12.2 MP main camera and an 8 MP selfie camera.
- 4080 MAh battery (with fast charging 18W).
7) Moto X Pure Edition
The Moto X Pure Edition has a massive 21 MP main camera and a 5 MP selfie camera.
- A 5.7 inch screen with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution with Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- IP 67 water and dust resistant.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor.
- Comes in variants of 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory and a 64 with support for microSD cards (upto 200 GB).
- 3000 MAh battery single charge, all-day use with your own phone.
How do I know my phone is compatible with Qlink?
Here’s the step-by-step process to check your existing phone’s compatibility with Qlink’s BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) initiative.
Enter Your IMEI number on Qlink Website
Sign up to Qlink and check your phone’s compatibility with Qlink wireless service on their website.
Or you can check on the master list.
Determine if you need a Free SIM Card Kit
Once you’ve checked your device’s eligibility, it’s time to receive your free SIM card kit to begin service on Qlink.
Once received, take out your old sim from your phone, then choose the appropriate template sim size for your phone. Here’s how to determine what size is right for you:
Time to Activate Your Qlink Sim Card
Once you’re done with picking out the right size for your Qlink wireless compatible phone, it’s time to activate your sim.
But before that, it is recommended that you perform a network reset on your Qlink phone. Here’s how it should be done:
Once you’re done with this step, your phone is now activated with Qlink wireless service.
Can I Get A Qlink Sim Card At Walmart?
Walmart only deals with Qlink cell phones, it does not sell Qlink sim or services. For that, you will have to get service to the Lifeline Assistance Qlink program through the Qlink website.
Factors you should consider before buying Qlink wireless phones at Walmart.
1) Phone Specifications and Reliability
You don’t want to go and buy just any Qlink compatible phone at Walmart. Different people have different requirements for the phones that they’d choose and operate for the next couple of years (in most cases).
Some prefer only the Android operating system in the phone of their choice and some will not buy anything other than the iPhone (iOS).
Then there’s another issue of a mobile phone’s long-term reliability. Some phones are known to have either software or battery-related issues. Do your adequate research if you’re going to buy a new Qlink compatible phone.
2) Check For a Phone in Your Price Range
This is a no-brainer but before you select the ‘phone of dreams’, check it’s price. Sometimes, you can get similar specs in phones that are priced at different ends of the spectrum.
3) Device Reviews and Durability
It goes without saying that you should choose a phone for regular use, having some sort of glass certification … so that if you accidentally drop it, it doesn’t smash at the slightest fall. Also to look out for are software issues which you’ll get to know after checking out a couple of user reviews online.
4) Qlink Compatible Phones
Check for Qlink compatibility if you are unsure of your desired mobile phone’s eligibility. Check on Qlink website
If you are an avid phone gamer or follow a lot of YouTube videos, make sure to get a phone that has a battery of at least 3000 MAh. You don’t want to connect your phone to the charger every two hours.
6) Company And Phone Reputation
Is the company that you’ve chosen known for making glitchy phones? Or does one of their phone models have a known battery problem? Though rarely the case because of stringent government checks and laws, still in a small number of instances there have been issues in various wireless phones.