Mobile phones with internet connectivity are so commonplace that’s hard to imagine buying a phone that does not let you browse the web.
However, some people prefer to own cell phones without internet connectivity to work.
These basic phones are good for calling, texting, listening to music, and most other things that don’t require the internet.
Seniors who use phones for basic calls prefer to have simple phones that don’t require technical knowledge or internet services.
Considerations When Buying Mobile Phones Without Internet
There are lots of features you can consider while purchasing a phone with the ability to connect to the internet.
These features enhance your experience with using the more basic functions of such a phone.
- Hearing aid compatibility (for seniors)
- High maximum volume
- An external screen on flip phones
- Quick access on the side (flashlight, music player, call accept/reject)
- Large icons for better visibility
- Easy to use keypad/larger keys
- Long-lasting battery
12 Great Mobile Phones Without Internet
From easy access keys to larger displays, these 12 phones will make sure you have a great phone experience – no internet needed.
1. BLU Tank II T193
The BLU Tank II features a 2.4-inch display with a 1.3 MP rear camera. This bar phone has an ideal grip and will be preferred by seniors who want a classic phone shape.
Even better, it has an expandable memory of up to 32 GB with a MicroSD card.
- 1,900 mAh battery
- Dual SIM card slots
- Talk time: 12 hours
- 2.4” TFT screen display
- Mediatek processor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Micro SD slot
- Bluetooth capability
- Expandable memory
- Extended battery life
- The phone operates only on 2G GSM networks
2. Alcatel QuickFlip 4044C
Flip phones are great, and many boast external displays that make them more convenient for use.
The Alcatel QuickFlip is a GSM-unlocked phone that features a large keypad, an external screen, and a high-quality speaker.
The icon-based menu is easy to navigate with the up-down and left-right menu keys.
- 1,350 mAH battery
- 2.8” internal & 1.44” external colored display
- 2 MP camera
- HD voice for clear calls
- Long battery life with up to 16 days of standby time
- Great design and touch sensitivity
- Good camera quality
- Crystal clear audio with reduced background noise
- Doesn’t work on Verizon or Sprint networks
3. Plum Flipper
The Plum Flipper flip phone comes with decent 32 GB storage and is unlocked for all carriers.
Featuring a clamshell form and a keypad that’s simple to use, it’s a great basic phone for everyday use.
- 2.0” display
- 1.3 MP camera
- Micro SD card slot
- 1,500 mAH battery
- Dual Sim card slots
- Colors: Black, Blue, Pink
- Long battery life
- Expandable battery
- Soft keys are easy to use
- No camera flash
4. Plum RAM Plus
Plum RAM Plus is a basic flip phone which features a rugged body perfect for use by kids who seem to be dropping their phones often.
The phone comes unlocked for most carriers so you can keep your number when you buy the Plum Ram Plus.
- Dual display: external 1.44” & internal 2.4”
- TFT LCD display with 256 colors.
- Dual Sim card slots
- Micro SDHC card slot
- 1,200 mAh removable battery
- 4 GB storage memory
- Shock, dust, and water-resistant, IP68 military-grade case
- A big keypad that’s easy to use
- SOS button
- Has loudspeaker
- Not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, or Boost Mobile
5. Nokia 106
Nokia phones are well-known for their durability and the Nokia 106 comes with the same promise.
If you want a phone with the basic text and call functions, the Nokia 106 is your best bet.
It doesn’t feature a camera or come with WhatsApp support. A truly internet-free cell phone!
- Single Sim unlocked phone
- Talktime: 15 hours
- Standby: 21 hours
- 1.8” screen
- 800 mAh battery
- Color: Black
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Button dial pad
- Large icons, ideal for seniors
- Low storage space (4 MB)
- Only compatible with 2G GSM networks
- Doesn’t come with a camera
6. Easyfone Prime-A1
A rather stylish flip phone with a silver and black body, the Easyfone Prime is perfect for you if want to save a ton of money on a basic phone that looks good.
This one boasts a large external screen that shows your texts and icons prominently. Works only on the AT&T network.
- 2.4” main display, 1.44” external display
- 2.0 MP rear camera
- Dedicated SOS button
- Hearing-aid compatible
- M1 & M2 direct-dial keys
- 800 mAh battery
- Comes with a cradle charger
- Large icons are specially designed for seniors who might have vision problems
- Bright flashlight
- Quick access button on the right side
- Great volume for easy hearing
- SOS button for emergencies
- Doesn’t operate on CDMA networks like Verizon, Boost, Sprint
7. Punkt MP02 New Generation
MP02 is a new generation minimalist phone specially designed for users who want to overcome their smartphone addiction. The UI is intuitive and pretty smooth to use. The phone is rugged and water-resistant.
The Punkt MP02 mobile comes with the Pigeon app that you can use to send end-to-end encrypted messages to smartphones with the Signal app.
The interface is minimal with a spaced-out keypad and quick access keys for messages, contacts, and navigation.
- Comes with increased digital security
- 2.0” Gorilla Glass screen
- 1,280 mAh battery
- 16 GB storage
- Water-resistant and durable body design
- Great call volume
- Minimal interface for those looking to control phone usage
- Only works with AT&T and T-Mobile
- Band 71 is missing (needed for T mobile rural calling)
- No volume keys
8. Samsung a157 GoPhone
Samsung a157 is a basic prepaid phone featuring a 1.8” screen.
The phone is locked to the AT&T carrier and is designed for calling and texting only because it does not have internet access.
- 1.8” LCD screen display
- 120 MB available storage
- Multi-language internet free phone
- 800 mAh battery
- Talk time: 6 hours
- Standby: 10 days
- No contract – prepaid service required
9. Plum RAM 10
If you want a phone that is rugged and feels solid in your palm, the Plum RAM 10 is one of the best options.
It has a bar shape but is wider than the standard bar dimensions, making it easier to grip.
The Plum RAM 10 is unlocked for all carriers except Verizon and Boost.
- 1700 mAh battery
- 2.4” display screen
- Dual camera
- Shock, dust, and water-resistant, military-grade IP68
- Expandable storage
- Powerful battery
- Does not work with Verizon or Boost Wireless
10. Nokia 225
The Nokia 225 features the classic Nokia phone design from the mid-2000s. The phone offers crystal clear calling and some great games, but it doesn’t need the internet.
- 1,150 mAh battery
- 2.4” display
- 64 MB RAM
- Micro SDHC memory card slot
- 0.3 MP rear camera
- Long-lasting battery
- Large LCD display
- Does not work with Verizon
- Low-quality camera
11. LG 450
LG 450 is a sleek and stylish flip phone that fits easily into your pocket thanks to its rounded body design. The phone is locked to the T-Mobile carrier and you can pay as you go.
It features a durable keypad that allows for easy navigation.
- 950 mAh battery
- 2.2” 262K TFT display
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 1.3 MP camera with a dedicated key
- Video and audio player
- 256 MB memory
12. Jitterbug Flip Phone
Lively Jitterbug Flip2 is a well-designed, compact, and sturdy phone that’s packed with features you can use without internet access.
This flip phone has large distinctive keys and dual screens which is all that you need. The backlit keypad allows you to use the keypad in low light.
- 16 GB internal memory
- 3.2” large main display
- 5 MP front and 8 MP rear camera
- Built-in voice assistant
- Up to 12 hours of talk time
- Powerful speaker
- Urgent response button on keypad for emergency calling (suitable for seniors)
- You can use your voice to call and text using Amazon Alexa (Voice Assistant)
- Simple interface
- Phone is locked to Lively for service